How Our Funeral Home Is Responding
We understand that coping with the loss of a loved one during the Covid-19 outbreak is difficult. We are taking all the measures necessary to keep the guests and staff at the funeral home safe and healthy while allowing for families to grieve the loss of their loved one.
It is in this effort, we ask that as few people come to the funeral home as possible for appointments, visitation and services. Please remember that this is a difficult time for everyone and thank you for your understanding.
April 1, 2021 Update: As New York State reopens, we would like to share some important updates.
- Funeral Homes are able to hold visitations and services, but are still under occupancy guidelines
- The number of people able to attend visitation at the funeral home is now 50% normal capacity
- Masks, social distancing, and other precautionary practices are still in effect
- All people entering the funeral home must wear face masks or coverings
- Please remember that churches and cemeteries have their own policies that differ from ours
- Please still call and schedule an appointment if needed, instead of walking in. It helps us plan our facilities and staff and ultimately makes a calmer experience for you.
Is the Funeral Home Still Open?
Yes. We are available to you 24 hours a day 7 days a week, as always. Our facilities remain open. We ask that if you need us, please call and schedule a time to come in so we can be prepared for you.
What Should I Do If A Loved One Dies?
All that is needed is a simple phone call. Our staff is able to access any hospital or nursing home facility as well as a private residence. We would ask if you please call first instead of ‘walking in’ without an appointment. If your loved has been exposed to Covid-19, please make us aware of it immediately so we can take proper precautions.
Do I Have to Come Into the Funeral Home for an Appointment?
No. We can make any and all arrangements in a phone conference, video conference or e-mail and any selections that need to be make can be made from our website.
Can We Still Have Visiting Hours at the Funeral Home?
Yes, we are scheduling visiting hours at the funeral home. In accordance with the New York State's most recent recommendations on occupancy, we are still trying to keep the number of people within the facilities to a minimum.
For those who are not attending services, consider visiting our memorial web pages to leave messages for the family, post pictures or videos, and view other tributes that may be there.
Are Churches and Cemeteries Open?
Update - July 25, 2020 Many churches are holding funeral masses with a limited number of people. Most commonly 33% normal capacity. We will have to check with your place of worship as needed to determine what is available and their requirement. Some clergy will come the funeral home and/or cemetery and others will not. All the cemeteries are open but have various regulation such as, limiting the number of people and where the committal service is held. Calverton National Cemetery is allowing families at the cemetery again and the rendering of funeral honors has been reinstated.
What If I’m Visiting the Funeral Home?
We are asking visitors to adhere to the following common sense guidelines:
- Face masks are required
- Maintain social distancing
- Clean your hands frequently
- Please use our hand sanitizer upon entry and exit
- Please refrain from handshakes and hugs
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Keep your time limited at the funeral home
- Come in contact with as little as possible
What Should I Do If I, or My Loved One, has Coronavirus?
If you are not feeling well, please self isolate yourself. Do not come to the funeral home. We can make phone/video arrangements at your convenience. If your loved one passed away with the Coronavirus, please make us aware of it immediately.