We truly believe that the men and women who answered our nation’s call embody the ideals Americans hold so dear. Because they have proven their devotion to their fellow citizens and to a grateful nation, we all owe them the same respect and devotion in return.
Why Do More Families Trust Us to Care for their Veteran?
We are known for our compassionate, caring and thoroughly professional staff, and have years of experience in planning military services. Whether your family chooses burial or cremation, we will be proud to take care of all the details involved. It is our way of expressing gratitude for their service to the country. All staff members of Robertaccio Funeral Home can:
- Complete applications for all veterans’ benefits, including Military Honors, Presidential Memorial Certificate and veteran memorial marker or headstone
- Coordinate, apply and schedule with the National Veteran Cemeteries
- Confirm and coordinate any existing funding benefits which may cover expenses deemed eligible by the Veterans Administration
- Coordinate an Honor Guard from your branch of service at a private cemetery
- Obtain a United States Burial Flag
To learn more about how we can serve you, give us a call. We will be honored to speak with you.
Burial at a national cemetery is available for veterans and their spouses (dependent/disabled children may also be entitled) at no cemetery cost to the family. Our funeral home will make all the arrangements necessary to arrange the availability of the cemetery. The national cemetery will provide a grave space, grave liner, and a headstone with inscription for both the veteran and their spouse.
Cremation and National Cemeteries
For those who desire cremation, our national cemeteries have three choices available to veterans and their spouses (dependent/disabled children may also be entitled). Families can choose to bury the cremated remains in a traditional grave or place them in a niche within an above ground columbarium. Another choice available is to place the cremated remains in Arlington National Cemetery in Washington, DC. Burial in Arlington National Cemetery is reserved for highly decorated veterans, but any honorably discharged veteran and their spouse can have their cremated remains placed in the cemetery. Our staff can assist you in arranging any of these choices.
Department of Veteran Affairs
Click any topics below to be taken to the appropriate page or information.
Headstone or Medallion for a Private Cemetery
Veterans who are buried in a private cemetery are entitled to certain memorial items provided by the VA. Click on a topic below for more information.
- Types of Headstones, Markers & Medallions
- Application for Government Headstone or Marker
- Application for a Medallion on a Non-Government Headstone
- Get help applying for a headstone, marker, niche cover, or medallion by calling 1-800-697-6947